A scalp detoxifying steam treatment is a great way to detox your scalp from flakes, product build-up, and excess oils. Yes, it is as relaxing and soothing as it sounds.
A steam treatment will deep clean hair follicles at the scalp as well as penetrate and hydrate hair strands. The products used should be anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, or anti-fungal.
Steps for Scalp Detoxifying Treatment
1. Brush hair with a bristle brush from roots to ends to soften the scalp, circulate blood flow in the scalp, and untangle hair.
2. Section by section, apply a pre-shampoo treatment on the scalp. Here are some you can use:
- Aloe vera (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and moisture)
- Tea tree oil (anti-fungal, removes dead skin)
- Cucumber and lime mixture (removes dandruff and dead skin)
3. Apply the HYPERSILK Revitalizing Masque or Deep Cacao Mask to the hair shaft and pin the hair up.
4. Apply steam for 10-20 mins, do not cover or use a cap. Let hair cool. You can massage and brush the scalp gently, section by section, to loosen or remove build-up.
5. Clarify hair twice with a clarifying shampoo.
6. Moisturize hair and scalp (shea butter is great for the hair and scalp).
7. Style as usual
Pin this post for future reference.